Saturday, December 27, 2008

Satan Is Defeated


This week has been really rough. Some of you know that I will (Lord willing) be moving to South Africa for about 6 months, to work with a missions organization, I am also for the first time in a while blessed to be in a relationship with a wonderful young woman.
I know this doesn’t sound like is was a rough week, but I believe because the Lord is working so much by through His Grace in my life, the Enemy (Satan) is really wanting to destroy what God is doing.
This past week It seems like every temptation imaginable has been put in front of me, and the enemy has been telling me all kinds of lies, from this or that person doesn’t like me, to me having lost my salvation.
I was sharing a little of this last night with a dear friend, she told me I need to rebuke the devil, tell Him he was not in control of my life. I belong to Jesus. I knew this of course, but it wasn’t clicking, I was in a bad state, but my friend was there to be His hands
It sort of reminds me of the story of Peter walking on the water to Jesus. Do you think if the other apostles would have joined him on the water, They would have been able to hold him up until he put his gaze back on the Lord? I feel in the same way my friend, was being a flotation device in a since, until I could look back up, and see the face of Jesus. Praise God for the people he puts in our lives.

The Lord through the obedience of my friend was able to bring me to a point where I could focus on the word, and here is what the Lord has shown me in scripture.

1) Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
James 4:7(ESV) if I resist the Devil he will leave.
2) I am writing to you, little children, because your sins are forgiven for his name’s sake. 1 John. 2:12(ESV) Why fear? I am saved by the grace of God.
3) The seventy-two returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons are subject to us in your name!" Luke 10:17(ESV) I have through Jesus Christ, and by the grace of God, authority over these spirits.

Jesus has already defeated Satan, Praise God.


SDG,

Bud

No comments:

Post a Comment